Stage 2: Attendance Management Meeting
The purpose of the 2nd Stage Attendance Management Meeting is as follows:
- To review the employees attendance record during the relevant period
- To review the steps taken to support the employee in achieving the required level of attendance
- To give the employee the opportunity to discuss any problems or raise any concerns
- To discuss any medical advice that has been received
- To consider any recommended reasonable adjustments or redeployment
- To decide whether a further medical referral is required
- To set a period over which absence levels will be monitored
- To issue a warning informing the employee that if their attendance does not improve a final Attendance Management Meeting will be held and their continued employment may be at risk.
An invite letter will be sent to the employee advising of the date, time and venue and giving the required notice to attend. The Line Manager may be accompanied by another manager or HR Advisor at this meeting.
2nd Stage Attendance Management Meeting - Right of Review (Corporate Staff only)
An employee has the right to request that the decision of the 2nd Stage Attendance Management Meeting is reviewed by a Director or nominated representative with advice from the Assistant Chief Executive (People Management) or nominated representative.
The request to review the decision must be made in writing to the Assistant Chief Executive (People Management) within 7 calendar days of the date of the outcome letter. The employee must set out their reasons for the review request.
The Line Manager will acknowledge receipt of the request to review the decision following the 2nd Stage Attendance Management Meeting. The employee will be asked to consent to the release of Occupational Health Reports to the relevant individuals to review the case.
The Director or nominated representative will review the decision with advice from the Assistant Chief Executive (People Management) or nominated representative and confirm the outcome in writing to the employee without undue delay.
Page updated: 08/10/2021 10:11:00