Contacts from federated organisations are able to make use of the full range of Skype for Business features.
How do I add a contact from one of our federated organisations?
- Type the full email address (for example ‘ASWalters@pembrokeshire.gov.uk’) they use for Skype for Business in the search box.
- When the contact appears in the list below right click on them and click on ‘Add to Contacts List’, then choose the contact group you wish to add them to.
- You can now go to the contact in the contact group you have added them to and make use of all of the Skype for Business features.
Below is a list of our current federated organisations:
- Powys CC
- Ceredigion CC
- Pembrokeshire CC
- Isle of Anglesey CC
- Torfaen CC
- Bridgend CC
- Cardiff CC
- Monmouthshire CC
- RCT CC
- Swansea City CC
- National Resource Wales
- Assembly Wales
- ERW (Education through Regional Working)
- Dyfed Powys Police
- South Wales Police
- Mid and West Wales Fire Brigade
- University of Wales Trinity St David
- Coleg Sirgar
- Justice Department
How can I request for us to federate with another organisation?
If there are other organisations you would like us to federate with then please contact the IT Helpdesk with the organisation name and a contact for us to liaise with.
Can I use Skype for Business with external organisations that we are not federated with?
Yes, however you will not have the full range of features that are available for federated organisations. To learn how to setup Virtual Meetings with external contacts then please read our ‘Setting Up Virtual Meetings’ guide.
Page updated: 29/07/2020 13:49:32