Managing your Contacts
You can save people that you regularly interact with on Skype for Business as contacts. This saves the hassle of having to search for them each time you need to contact them. Contacts are saved in to your Contacts List and can be organised into your own custom groups.
We recommend that you watch this short video tutorial by Microsoft on adding contacts in Skype for Business.
Adding a contact
- In the search box, type the person’s name or email address.
- As you type in the search box, you will notice that the view automatically changes to My Contacts, which enables you to search the internal address book.
- Once you locate the relevant contact, right-click on their picture, select Add to Contacts List and choose the contact group to which you would like to add them.
It is also possible to add contacts from external federated organisations. To do this, you will need to type the person’s full email address into the search box. You can also add them to a contact list or group.
How do I create groups?
You can create and organise people into groups, enabling you to communicate with an entire group of contacts at once or quickly connect with an individual member of that group.
When you select the ‘Groups’ tab you will see that there are two default groups, ‘Favorites’ and ‘Other Contacts’. You can choose to either add contacts under the ‘Other Contacts’ heading or create your own groups. We suggest you make your own groups to make it easier to manage your contacts.
- To create a new group, click the Add a Contact icon
- Select Create a New Group
- Assign a name to the group by typing into the text box.
Adding contacts to a new group
To add a person who is not an existing contact to a group you have created, search for the person you would like to add to the group, right-click on the contact, select Add to Contacts List and select the relevant group from the options.
To copy an existing contact to a different group right-click on the contact, select Copy Contact To and select the relevant group from the options.
Things you can do with your groups
By right-clicking on any of your groups you will be presented with a number of options enabling you to communicate with the entire group at once. You can:
- Manage your group list by moving the group up or down
- Create a new group
- Send an IM to all of your contacts within the group
- Start a Conference Call
- Start a Video Call
- Send an Outlook email message
- Schedule a meeting in Outlook
- Copy (this enables you to copy all individual email addresses of group members to your clipboard so that you can paste them into an email or calendar system of your choice)
Page updated: 03/04/2020 13:50:39