Setting Up your Mobile Device
The Skype for Business (SfB) mobile app on your work iPhone or iPad will allow you access to SfB anywhere you have internet access. You will be able to access most of the functionality of Skype for Business (Instant Messaging, video and audio chat, location and availability etc.) while on the move.
If you’re out on site but need to quickly show someone in the office something you’re looking at, then you can easily start up a video chat from your iPhone or iPad. If you’re managing an agile team, your staff have the capability to quickly and easily update their location and availability without the need for a laptop or PC.
How do I set up Skype for Business on my iPhone or iPad?
The Skype for Business app should already be installed on your work iPhone or iPad. However if you cannot find the SfB app on your device then please contact the IT Helpdesk who will assist you in installing it.
Before starting, make sure you are connected to the internet either through wifi or a 3G / 4G mobile data connection. You will only be be able to access 3G / 4G if your iPad or iPhone has a SIM card.
- Click on the SfB app and follow the step by step instructions outlined below.
- On the first screen you will see a message about receiving notifications. Click Allow
- On the second screen click OK to enable the app to access your contacts.
- On the next screen simply click on the arrow.
- On the following page click ‘OK’.
- On the sign in page enter your full work email address. e.g firstname.lastname@example.org and click on ‘Advanced options’ below your email address.
- *On the advanced options page, type ‘ntcarmcc\’ followed by your username e.g. ‘ntcarmcc\rpearce’ into the first box. Do not change any other settings.
- Once you’ve entered your details click on the ‘x’ in the top left corner. This will take you back to the ‘Sign-in’ page. Click on the arrow to move onto the next screen.
- Enter your password (this is the password that you would normally use to sign in to your PC) when prompted and click the ‘Sign in’ option. If you get an error message, check to ensure you have a wifi or 3G / 4G mobile data connection. If you do have a connection then go back to step ‘5’ and re-enter the details in the ‘Advanced Options’ screen.
- If you are installing the SfB app on an iPhone you will be prompted to enter your mobile phone number for the device. Once this is entered tap on the arrow. You might get a message asking you to merge some calling features, if this appears then swipe left on the first screen and then press the ‘Got it’ option on the second screen.
*Tip: To get the backslash ‘\’ symbol tap the ‘123’ icon on the keyboard followed by the ‘#+=’ icon.
Page updated: 29/07/2020 13:52:49