Dignity in Care
Dignity in Care
Who is it aimed at?
All care staff and managers in social care services.
What are the objectives?
Developing care practice that enshrines human rights and dignity in day to day work with individuals that require support.
The course aims to help staff
- Understand what dignity means
- To be aware of how individuals feelings when they are not being treated with dignity, privacy and respect
- To be able to state how they can maintain dignity in practice
- Identify the key aspects of the Social Services and Well-being Act 2014 which relate to dignity
- Discuss how to ensure compliance with RISCA 2016 and Regulation 25: Respect and Sensitivity
How will it make a difference?
Using the skills and knowledge gained; staff will aim to:
- Achieve better outcomes for individuals cared for, enshrining respect and dignity in their interactions and decision making processes
- Apply the principles of the SSWBA in care practice
- Explore innovative solutions to addressing effects on dignity
How to apply:
If you work for Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) and are logged into a CCC device – PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, complete this application form.
If you work for the Council but do NOT have access to a CCC device or an email address your line manager will need to apply on your behalf.
Council employees cannot apply for any courses from their own personal device.
Partners, agency staff or people who do not work for the Council but meet the eligibility criteria to attend this course should complete this application form.
The online application system will only show courses that are actively open to book a place on. If the course you are interested in isn’t listed you can register an interest with the Learning and Development team, email: <span class="word-break-mobile">email@example.com</span>.
Find out more information on how to make and manage your application if you are a council employee or visit this page if you do not directly work for us. It is important that you complete the correct online application form, if you need any assistance or have a query please email the Learning & Development Team.
Page updated: 06/09/2021 11:22:26