End of Life Care
End of Life Care
Who is it aimed at?
All social care staff working in residential and domiciliary care services who have or are supporting individuals and families with end of life care.
What are the objectives?
Subjects covered by this course will include:
- Legislation & agreed ways of working
- Communication skills
- Factors affecting end of life care
- The Importance of care planning
- Mouth care, Skin care & the importance of nutrition
- Simple ways to help alleviate pain by using the correct positioning and some of the common symptoms that can be encountered
- The basics of loss and bereavement for the families and the person
- How to approach sensitive issues including spiritual issues
- What the person might see in the last 48hrs of life & how to support individuals through the process of dying
- Managing & dealing with their own feelings/staff support
How will it make a difference?
The course allows for attendees to discuss their own feelings and experiences of dealing with End of Life Care and aims to enhance the knowledge of health and social care staff involved in delivering end of life care to people, so that high quality care can be delivered by confident and competent staff
Free of charge
How to apply:
If you work for Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) and are logged into a CCC device – PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, complete this application form.
If you work for the Council but do NOT have access to a CCC device or an email address your line manager will need to apply on your behalf.
Council employees cannot apply for any courses from their own personal device.
Partners, agency staff or people who do not work for the Council but meet the eligibility criteria to attend this course should complete this application form.
The online application system will only show courses that are actively open to book a place on. If the course you are interested in isn’t listed you can register an interest with the Learning and Development team, email: <span class="word-break-mobile">firstname.lastname@example.org</span>.
Find out more information on how to make and manage your application if you are a council employee or visit this page if you do not directly work for us. It is important that you complete the correct online application form, if you need any assistance or have a query please email the Learning & Development Team.
Page updated: 24/02/2020 15:43:29