End of Life Care
As part of your role, you may be asked to provide end of life care to individuals.
From this training video, we aim to enhance your knowledge of what is involved in delivering end of life care to people, so that high quality care can be delivered by confident and competent staff.
- Agreed ways of working
- COVID 19 and procedures to be followed
- Roles and responsibilities of care workers to individuals during palliative care
- End of life care practices and social care values to be followed
- Communication skills and having difficult conversations
- Mouth care, skin care & the importance of nutrition
- Pain management and positioning for comfort
- Understanding spiritual differences at end of life
- Impact of end of life on individuals and their families
- Coping strategies and taking care as care workers
- Supporting last offices when individuals pass away
- Support services available
Page updated: 02/08/2020 15:57:27