We recommend you update your browser to ensure a safe and engaging experience on our website.

Alert Level 4 - Updated April 1st

Welsh Government have announced further changes to the national restrictions that are in place.Visit the council’s Newsroom for the latest information.

If your role doesn’t allow you to work from home, or it is deemed essential that you attend your place of work, the social distancing regulations remain unchanged – it is vitally important that you follow these regulations.

For the latest information on Coronavirus, please visit our Coronavirus guidance page.

Keep making a difference

Recycling in the office

Did you know you can recycle in the office the same as you do at home? There is no need to separate your blue bag recycling materials into different coloured containers. All new office recycling bins are green.

Cleaners can obtain blue bags by ordering via Customer Services (Tel:  3340). Council cleaning staff then empty the bins into an external wheeled bin for recycling. If you share an office with another organisation you may still qualify for a free collection.

If you require office recycling bins, or have any queries about the service, please e-mail TS Recycling.


Yes, put them in

  • Newspaper/magazines
  • Catalogues
  • Telephone directories
  • Junk mail
  • Writing paper
  • Shredded paper*
  • Envelopes
  • Food and drink cartons
  • Cereal boxes
  • Ready meal sleeves
  • Small cardboard boxes
  • Toilet roll/kitchen roll tubes
  • Egg boxes
  • Food and drink cans
  • Aerosols
  • Plastic bottles
  • Yoghurt pots
  • Margarine tubs
  • Plastic punnets/ready meal trays
  • Paper towels
  • Jam jar lids
  • Foil
  • Cling film

No, leave them out

  • Tissues
  • Food soaked card
  • Plastic carrier bags
  • Polystyrene
  • Glass*
  • Electrical items
  • Video cassettes
  • CDs/DVDs

* Shredded paper – please bag separately.
* Glass – Some offices now have their own glass recycling bin. If your office doesn’t, glass can be taken to your local recycling centre/bring site.

Weekly Food Collections are available from most offices. Caddies and liners are provided as well as a dedicated external bin to store the waste. The food is then composted centrally. Please do not put packaging in the food waste caddy. Paper towels should be placed in the recycling bin instead.

For more details or to get more caddy liners please email the CE Contact Centre mailbox.

Batteries are placed in specialised battery containers which are located at various offices in the county:

  • Ammanford: Glanaman Depot, Parc Amanwy, Town Hall
  • Carmarthen: 3 Spilman Street, 5 & 8 Spilman Street, Cillefwr Depot, County Hall, Parc Myrddin, Pibwrlwyd, Parc Dewi Sant, Nantyci 
  • Llanelli: Town Hall, Trostre Depot, Ty Elwyn, Tyr Nant, The Hub

To arrange for the emptying of a battery bin please ring our partners ERP on: 08456 852424 you can also request this on their website.  

Please leave the container type option on the default setting i.e. cardboard box/up to 25 kg.  Please note 20 working days notice is required so please report when container is ¾ full.

Recycling Konica Empty toner / Waste Bins

When you have empty toner or waste bins you can contact Sue Clarke, EOS Solutions South Ltd on 01306 631 070 or e-mail info@eossolutionsltd.com.

They will send you a flat packed box, fill the box with the empty toner and then contact them when you require the box to be collected by a courier (full details will be given on the box).

It is up to you if you prefer to have a permanent box in your section and then ring when full, or if you want to keep empty toners and ring when you need a box, this is up to you and your office.

If you have any IT equipment e.g. old/unused computers, laptops, keyboards or other hardware items please request this online through  the IT Helpdesk with a list of items to be collected from your office to reuse/recycle.

Please note that with any chargeable waste collection, you must check with Property (Asset Management) prior to setting up the contract – email:  Environment BSU or 01267 248124.


Cardboard is a separate chargeable contract between each building and a waste services provider.  If your office regularly has cardboard boxes to dispose of, you should have a dedicated wheeled bin for cardboard recycling.

If you wish to set up a contract for cardboard you can contact CWM Environmental directly on 01267 225520 or alternatively you can use any other licensed private waste contractor.

Confidential shredding

Confidential waste paper is a chargeable contract between each building and a waste services provider. 

If you wish to set up a contract for confidential waste paper, you can contact CWM Environmental directly on 01267 225520 or alternatively you can use any other licensed private waste contractor.

Large office furniture collections

Redundant furniture and electrical items can be collected by our bulky waste service for a charge, £226 for up to 10 items. E-mail: ENVTradeWaste@carmarthenshire.gov.uk

General waste disposal

If you require a residual waste (trade waste) collection or have any trade waste queries then please email ENVTradeWaste@carmarthenshire.gov.uk, as charges will vary.

For further information on recycling is available on our website.

The following offices have glass recycling banks:

  • County Hall, Carmarthen – Car park
  • Parc Myrddin, Carmarthen – Outside Block 7 near rear entrance
  • Parc Dewi Sant, Carmarthen – In waste compound near Block 2
  • Pibwrlwyd, Carmarthen – In waste compound in car park
  • 1,2,3, 5-8 Spilman Street, Carmarthen – Car park
  • Ty Elwyn, Llanelli – Car park
  • Y Ffwrnes, Llanelli – Car park

If your office doesn’t have a glass recycling bank, glass can be taken to your local recycling centre/bring site.

“Thank you for recycling and doing your bit for the environment”

Page updated: 03/03/2020 16:55:57