- To provide Councillors with the knowledge and understanding of the statutory and ethical framework within which they are obliged to operate to make decisions which are based only on merit and the public interest.
Specifically, knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The ethical and statutory background;
- The new local code of conduct;
- General code provisions;
- Personal and prejudicial Interests;
- Declarations and dispensations;
- Advice and enforcement roles;
- Breach of the code-potential outcomes.