This essential training will equip Elected Members with the knowledge and skills to address the climate crisis.
This is the most important issue of our time. The decisions made now will impact on future generations. As cabinet or committee members, as ward councillors, decision makers and representatives, you have an important role in steering the direction of your authority. Your influence will shape the ways in which partners, residents and visitors think about and approach the climate agenda and this course will help you to navigate the opportunities and talk, with confidence, about the science, policies, opportunities and benefits of climate action.
By the end of this session, you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the basic science of climate change and how cli-mate change will affect us both globally and locally.
- Gained an understanding of how you, as an elected member, can mobilise change.
- Explored the low carbon objectives in the Local Authority Sector.
- Created an action plan to help reduce the carbon footprint of your Local Authority.
- Explore Strategies for influencing others to take action on climate change.