Driving work vehicles
42 days ago
As part of your role, you may now be required to drive a vehicle for work purposes.
We have support and guidance in place to help before you take to the road.
If you are not feeling confident about returning behind the wheel, please speak to your line manager who can arrange refresher training.
Also remember to:
- Check your licence is still valid and your manager has a recent copy of it and that you have the relevant insurance if you are using a private vehicle.
- Familiarise yourself with the journey before heading out - start back with some small journeys if possible.
- Ensure you familiarise yourself with the relevant Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practice for the activity that you are undertaking. Including additional COVID-19 assessments.
- Familiarise yourself with the guidance on using vehicles safely during COVID-19
- Avoid vehicle sharing and travel independently where possible.
- Ventilate the vehicle by opening windows as required.
- Wipe down touch points with anti-viral wipes or spray at the beginning and end of the journey.
- Follow specific controls identified in Risk Assessments and safe working practises if you are in a service approved to share vehicles.
- Remember to carry out vehicle checks using the vehicle’s defect book. All authority vehicles will have a daily vehicle log. Make appropriate checks of your private vehicle if you are using one including tyres, lights, steering and brakes.
- Use corrective eye wear if required & identified by your optician
- Keep within the speed limit/appropriate speed.
- It is illegal to drink alcohol or take drugs before driving.
- It is illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving.
- Follow any additional training you have received for the vehicle you are driving.
More information can be found on the travel and parking pages
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is now open to all staff with an existing Carmarthenshire County Council e-mail address! BYOD allows you to access work d ...
10 hours ago
People living in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion or Pembrokeshire who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccination can now walk-in to any Hywel Dda UHB ...
3 days ago
* Please note NHS COVID PASSES will be required to attend the game. More details on the Scarlets website Council staff can claim up to four free tick ...
4 days ago
Following on from World Mental Health Day, we want to continue the conversation and raise further awareness of the support available within the author ...
5 days ago