Game changing new recruitment system on the way
47 days ago
Preparations are underway to roll out a new recruitment system by the end of this year.
The aim is that the new system will free up admin time and invest more time in providing support to recruiting officers to help them attract, engage, and recruit the best talent.
In the last year we have seen a 66% increase in the number of vacancies being advertised which has generated over 5,000 applications being received, resulting in 1,600 new starters – meaning an average of 1,900 DBS checks each year.
We are aware that we are facing high demand for staff against a national shortage of available workers. Therefore, it is more important than ever that we make the recruitment process as inviting and easy as possible to draw potential applicants, and as quick and accessible as possible for recruiting managers.
The new applicant tracking system will provide:
- New corporately branded job pages
- Simplified and automated request to advertise process
- A vacancy search engine to allow candidates to search opportunities based on specific criteria
- Dynamic application forms with specific screening questions
- Ability for candidates to complete application forms with their social media profiles
- Ability to communicate 1:1 or 1:Many with candidates via candidate portals within the system, tailoring and tracking all interactions
- Automate the scheduling of single, multiple and panel interviews, creating onsite or virtual interviews (automatically adding virtual meeting links)
- Allocate interview times or allow candidates to self-schedule, reschedule, or cancel interviews
- Automate the collection of interview feedback
- Automated reference checks including automated reminder notifications
- Complete pre-employment forms and automate onboarding communications
- Configure and access personal dashboards containing a variety of graphs, table lists and quick links
- Create and schedule your own reports / management information
A cross-section of recruiting managers have been invited to work with the People Management and the Recruitment Teams ahead of the implementation and roll-out of the new system, which is to be provided by Oleeo.
The recruitment team will offer the best level of support to recruiting managers and applicants; preparing system demonstrations, training and guidance; ensuring all of our policies are reviewed; revisiting our template letters and emails.
Implementation will start in June and the new system will be up-and-running by the end of the year. There is a lot to do but we are excited about the direction of travel and are ready to rise to the challenge. We hope you can continue supporting the team whilst they get ready to share with you the new ways of working.
We will provide you with regular updates and you will also be invited to provide feedback during the implementation of the new software.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your past or future, or even questioning whether you are really getting the most out of your life, then practicing m ...
8 hours ago
Being open to new experiences and learning fuels our wellbeing, boosts our confidence and our creativity and can be fulfilling – whatever our age. Lea ...
6 days ago
With the Autumn term fast approaching, there will be more exciting opportunities available to help you learn, practice and improve your Welsh language ...
13 days ago
We would like to invite staff to share their own experiences and stories of kindness, whether it be a personal experience or something that you have w ...
13 days ago