We recommend you update your browser to ensure a safe and engaging experience on our website.

Alert Level 4 - Updated April 1st

Welsh Government have announced further changes to the national restrictions that are in place.Visit the council’s Newsroom for the latest information.

If your role doesn’t allow you to work from home, or it is deemed essential that you attend your place of work, the social distancing regulations remain unchanged – it is vitally important that you follow these regulations.

For the latest information on Coronavirus, please visit our Coronavirus guidance page.

Keep making a difference

Leaving the council

If you decide to leave your job, we need you to hand in a formal resignation letter via your manager. 

You are required to give one week's notice to end your contract of employment with us during your probationary period. Following completion of the probationary period, the minimum period of notice is the length of your normal pay period, i.e. the time between one pay period and the next (4 weeks or one month).

If you are employed in a NJC Grade ‘L-O’ or a JNC Chief Officer post you are required to give a minimum period of three months’ notice to end your employment. Notice periods can be waived by mutual agreement.

If you wish to retire, apply for severance or have been notified that your post is being made redundant please see the relevant pages within this section.

Page updated: 02/02/2021 09:55:11