Who is it aimed at?
All senior care staff in social care services, incl. Residential and Domiciliary Care.
What are the objectives?
Developing skill in designing and co-ordinating care around outcomes identified with the individual receiving care, by making it a two-way conversation to achieve, maintain and increase the wellbeing of people receiving formal care services.
The course aims to help staff:
- Understand what we mean by the term ‘Personal Plan of Care’
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘Outcome Focused’
- To know how to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the care provided
- To know how to draw up a outcome focused plan by having participated in role play
How will it make a difference?
Using the skills and knowledge gained; staff will aim to:
- Provide better, outcome focused person centred care plans
- Have better, more meaningful conversations with individuals around their wishes and perceptions of what a good life means to them
- Improve care by ensuring person centred outcomes are met within the provision of care
How to apply:
If you work for Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) and are logged into a CCC device – PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, complete this application form.
If you work for the Council but do NOT have access to a CCC device or an email address your line manager will need to apply on your behalf.
Council employees cannot apply for any courses from their own personal device.
Partners, agency staff or people who do not work for the Council but meet the eligibility criteria to attend this course should complete this application form.
The online application system will only show courses that are actively open to book a place on. If the course you are interested in isn’t listed you can register an interest with the Learning and Development team, email: <span class="word-break-mobile">email@example.com</span>.
Find out more information on how to make and manage your application if you are a council employee or visit this page if you do not directly work for us. It is important that you complete the correct online application form, if you need any assistance or have a query please email the Learning & Development Team.
Page updated: 26/09/2019 10:49:12