Tusker Car Benefit Scheme
We have teamed up with Tusker to provide you with a car benefit scheme that allows you to drive away a brand new car, fully maintained and insured for 3 years. You’ll get a fully-inclusive motoring package for a fixed monthly amount, through a salary sacrifice arrangement, so all you really need to worry about is fuel.
A salary sacrifice arrangement means you agree to give up the right to receive part of your gross salary due under your contract of employment, in exchange for a non-cash benefit – in this case, the lease of a brand new car. The salary is sacrificed before Income Tax, National Insurance and pension contributions, resulting in tax savings on the benefit.
- A brand new car;
- Fully comprehensive motor insurance including all business travel for you and your domestic partner. At an additional cost, two further drivers can be insured for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only;
- Annual vehicle tax;
- Full European breakdown cover;
- Replacement tyres;
(For further information on what’s included and what’s not included, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on the Tusker website).
The eligibility criteria is detailed below:
- You need to be a permanent and paid employee;
- If you are on a fixed term contract or a temporary contract, your contract of employment must be for a longer period than the proposed Salary Sacrifice Agreement;
- Your gross salary after taking into account all salary sacrifice benefits must be above the Lower Earnings Level, the National Living Wage for employees aged 25 and over and the National Minimum Wage for employees aged 24 and under for the duration of the Salary Sacrifice Agreement;
- Overtime, standby and any honoraria payments must not be included when you enter your gross annual salary into the online site; You must have successfully completed your probationary period;
- You must not be in receipt of any warnings under our disciplinary policy;
- You should not be on any formal capability reviews under the terms of our capability policy;
- All employees on teachers terms and conditions are not eligible to join the scheme at this time.
Access to the Tusker website does not guarantee that you are automatically eligible to join the scheme. Your eligibility will still need to be checked and approved before you are able to order a car on the scheme.
Even when you are considered to be eligible for the scheme it is important that you fully understand the financial obligations that you will undertake, the impact of the salary sacrificed and the requirements of the scheme should your employment come to an end during this period.
If you are in the Local Government Pension Scheme, please download the factsheet (.pdf) for more information on the effect this salary sacrifice will have on your future pension.
If no cars appear this may be because your gross salary will be taken below the threshold(s) set by the Government for the Lower Earnings Level, the National Living Wage for employees aged 25 and over and the National Minimum Wage for employees aged 24 and under. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please contact the Tusker Employee Engagement Team through ’Live Help Online’ which is an online instant messaging service found on the site. Alternatively, you can call them on 0333 400 2020 or email EETeam@ss4c.com.
Page updated: 19/01/2022 15:16:27