Tusker Car Benefit Scheme
We have teamed up with Tusker to provide you with a car benefit scheme that allows you to drive away a brand new car, fully maintained and insured for 3 years. You’ll get a fully-inclusive motoring package for a fixed monthly amount, through a salary sacrifice arrangement, so all you really need to worry about is fuel.
A salary sacrifice arrangement means you agree to give up the right to receive part of your gross salary due under your contract of employment, in exchange for a non-cash benefit – in this case, the lease of a brand new car. The salary is sacrificed before Income Tax, National Insurance and pension contributions, resulting in tax savings on the benefit.
- A brand new car;
- Fully comprehensive motor insurance including all business travel for you and your domestic partner. At an additional cost, two further drivers can be insured for social, domestic and pleasure purposes only;
- Annual vehicle tax;
- Full European breakdown cover;
- Replacement tyres;
(For further information on what’s included and what’s not included, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on the Tusker website).
The eligibility criteria is detailed below:
- You need to be a permanent and paid employee;
- If you are on a fixed term contract or a temporary contract, your contract of employment must be for a longer period than the proposed Salary Sacrifice Agreement;
- Your gross salary after taking into account all salary sacrifice benefits must be above the Lower Earnings Level, the National Living Wage for employees aged 25 and over and the National Minimum Wage for employees aged 24 and under for the duration of the Salary Sacrifice Agreement;
- Overtime, standby and any honoraria payments must not be included when you enter your gross annual salary into the online site; You must have successfully completed your probationary period;
- You must not be in receipt of any warnings under our disciplinary policy;
- You should not be on any formal capability reviews under the terms of our capability policy;
- All employees on teachers terms and conditions are not eligible to join the scheme at this time.
Access to the Tusker website does not guarantee that you are automatically eligible to join the scheme. Your eligibility will still need to be checked and approved before you are able to order a car on the scheme.
Even when you are considered to be eligible for the scheme it is important that you fully understand the financial obligations that you will undertake, the impact of the salary sacrificed and the requirements of the scheme should your employment come to an end during this period.
If you are in the Local Government Pension Scheme, please download the factsheet (.pdf) for more information on the effect this salary sacrifice will have on your future pension.
Simply visit www.tuskercars.com, click ‘Sign Up’ and follow the easy registration process:
- Enter an email address
- Enter your Company Code: CARM
- Enter your Unique Employee Identifier: (your employee number)
- Create a password
Once you’ve created an account, you’ll just need to log on in future with your username and password.
The website lets you view the range of cars available, prepare quotations, compare models and order your new car online.
It is important you have a thorough knowledge of the scheme and how it works so please read through the scheme documents carefully. The FAQ’s, along with the Scheme Policy document can be found under About Scheme on your homepage. If you order a vehicle, you must also read through the Salary Sacrifice Agreement which is generated once you have requested your vehicle.
If no cars appear this may be because your gross salary will be taken below the threshold(s) set by the Government for the Lower Earnings Level, the National Living Wage for employees aged 25 and over and the National Minimum Wage for employees aged 24 and under. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please contact the Tusker Employee Engagement Team through ’Live Help Online’ which is an online instant messaging service found on the site. Alternatively, you can call them on 0333 400 2020 or email EETeam@ss4c.com.
Order an electric or plug-in hybrid car this June on the Car Benefit Scheme and you can get a FREE charge point and installation*!
The very cost effective way to get a brand new ultra low emission car.
We are always looking to keep our deals as low as possible, with our partners Chargedev we are offering a FREE charge point including installation and three year warranty for all Electric and Hybrid vehicle orders placed in June.
Don’t forget, your fixed monthly amount on the scheme includes motor insurance, road tax, replacement tyres, breakdown cover, servicing, MOT and maintenance; so there are no unexpected garage bills and of course a brand new car!!
Plus, Benefit in Kind rates for electric cars reduce in April 2020, making electric cars even more cost effective and affordable on the scheme – log in and prepare a quote and see for yourself the difference in net amount on the quote summary page!
To get a quote and see the range of cars available simply login at www.tuskercars.com.
Need help or advice?
Give Tusker a call on 0333 400 7431 or email EETeam@ss4c.com.
*Terms & Conditions apply - tuskercars.com/info/electric
Page updated: 18/06/2019 12:54:14