Who is it aimed at?
Social workers in Children's Services.
What are the objectives?
By the end of the course Social Workers will be able to:
- Complete benefit check and assist people in making a claim for Universal Credit.
- Understand what would trigger a claim for Universal Credit for people on legacy benefits.
- Understand assessment periods and changes of circumstances, and how they affect claimant’s payments.
- Be aware of the Benefit Cap and the 2-child rule and be able to identify when a family could be exempted.
- Be able to identify individuals who could claim PIP or DLA.
- Understand the criteria for a successful claim for Carer’s Allowance.
- Know what to do if the DWP get a decision wrong.
How will it make a difference?
Social Workers will better understand the Benefit system in Wales and will be able to support low-income families when considering their financial situation.
1 day (spread over 2 days 9.30am- 12.30pm with a break)
How to apply:
If you work for Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) and are logged into a CCC device – PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, complete this application form.
If you work for the Council but do NOT have access to a CCC device or an email address your line manager will need to apply on your behalf.
Council employees cannot apply for any courses from their own personal device.
Partners, agency staff or people who do not work for the Council but meet the eligibility criteria to attend this course should complete this application form.
The online application system will only show courses that are actively open to book a place on. If the course you are interested in isn’t listed you can register an interest with the Learning and Development team, email: <span class="word-break-mobile">email@example.com</span>.
Find out more information on how to make and manage your application if you are a council employee or visit this page if you do not directly work for us. It is important that you complete the correct online application form, if you need any assistance or have a query please email the Learning & Development Team.
Page updated: 07/09/2021 09:23:05