Who is it aimed at?
All social care staff working in any care setting including the independent sector.
Any staff assisting older people in their daily living in the community.
What are the objectives?
- For staff to be aware of good practice and importance of Infection Control
- Ensure good Hand washing techniques
- Staff to have an understanding of Policy and Procedure surrounding Infection Control
- Staff awareness of the causes and transmission of Infection
How will it make a difference?
Using the skills and knowledge gained; staff will aim to:
- Identify hazards and help prevent spread of Infection and illness
- Staff will understand their responsibilities to put policies and procedures into practice to ensure a safer working environment for themselves and the people they care for
- For staff to ensure their own good practice and support others to maintain theirs
- To realise the importance of using all safety measures including Personal Protective Equipment to reduce likelihood of cross contamination
How to apply:
If you work for Carmarthenshire County Council (CCC) and are logged into a CCC device – PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone, complete this application form.
If you work for the Council but do NOT have access to a CCC device or an email address your line manager will need to apply on your behalf.
Council employees cannot apply for any courses from their own personal device.
Partners, agency staff or people who do not work for the Council but meet the eligibility criteria to attend this course should complete this application form.
The online application system will only show courses that are actively open to book a place on. If the course you are interested in isn’t listed you can register an interest with the Learning and Development team, email: <span class="word-break-mobile">firstname.lastname@example.org</span>.
Find out more information on how to make and manage your application if you are a council employee or visit this page if you do not directly work for us. It is important that you complete the correct online application form, if you need any assistance or have a query please email the Learning & Development Team.
Page updated: 24/09/2019 18:44:51