We recommend you update your browser to ensure a safe and engaging experience on our website.

Member Remuneration

The Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW) is responsible for determining the level of payments to elected members of Councils, National Park Authorities and Fire & Rescue Authorities in Wales.

The Panel has produced a film on Councillor remuneration, which includes details about what you can claim for such as reimbursement of costs of care for children or elderly dependents, as well as travel costs.  You can view the film by clicking on the following link:


Page updated: 09/08/2022 17:11:28