Members' Annual Reports
The main purpose of annual reports is to provide your constituents with details of your key activities over the past year.
Whilst the local authority has a responsibility to provide the mechanism for annual reports to be published, the content is the responsibility of individual councillors. Therefore, the content should:
- be factual and non-political;
- be written in the past tense;
- adhere to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act and the Members’ Code of Conduct;
- not name individuals, or enable individuals to be identified;
- not be interpreted as being critical of another member;
It is entirely the elected member’s decision regarding how much information to include in each section. However, it is recommended that the report is kept to a maximum of 2 A4 pages.
Completed reports should be returned to the Democratic Services Unit (DSU) for proofing/checking. If there are any concerns regarding the content of the report, you will be contacted to discuss this. The report will then be forwarded to the Translation Unit.
Once both Welsh and English versions are ready, they will be added to your page on the Council’s website. Please note, the links to the annual report will be removed during the period of purdah for local council elections.
Page updated: 07/10/2019 00:26:07