Fraud and Corruption
Carmarthenshire County Council has a zero-tolerance stance to all forms of fraud, corruption and theft, both from within the Council and from external sources. We recognise fraud can:
- Undermine the standards of public service that the Council is attempting to achieve;
- Reduce the level of resources and services available for the residents of Carmarthenshire; and
- Result in major consequences which reduce public confidence in the Council.
Fraud is not a victimless crime and can affect us all:
- The monetary cost – In monetary terms, fraud costs the country billions of pounds a year. It also affects the amount of money we have available to spend on providing public services.
- The human cost – There are other not so obvious costs as a consequence of some frauds. For example, a consequence of Council Housing Tenancy Fraud is that available housing spaces are reduced thereby depriving families and vulnerable people on the waiting list.
This strategy is closely linked to current policies within the Authority which provide staff with guidance on the prevention and reporting of fraud and corruption.
Should you suspect fraud is taking place against Carmarthenshire County Council, please report your suspicions immediately to the relevant Officers:
|Type of Fraud:||Report to:|
|Housing Benefit, Council Tax, Blue Badge:|| FRAUD INVESTIGATION OFFICER
|All other Fraud:|| HEAD OF REVENUES AND FINANCIAL COMPLIANCE
Page updated: 05/11/2020 12:00:32