The Role of a Health & Wellbeing Champion
The main aim of a Health & Wellbeing Champion is to support and encourage staff with their Health & Wellbeing. The Health & Wellbeing Champions will be supported to promote a workplace culture where staff are encouraged to openly discuss, organise and help improve the health & wellbeing of themselves and their colleagues.
If you have any questions regarding the role of The Health & Wellbeing Champion, please contact the Health and Wellbeing Team - Health&Wellbeing@carmarthenshire.gov.uk.
- Passionate about increasing awareness of health & wellbeing within the Authority.
- High degree of enthusiasm, creativity and organisation.
- High degree of integrity, for example by recognising the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Be available, approachable and visible.
- Be knowledgeable about the support and guidance available to employees of CCC.
- Organise, promote and attend activities organised by the Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinators.
- Promoting good health & wellbeing within the Authority.
- Be non-judgemental and actively listen to colleagues.
- Knowing when to signpost support and seek further guidance.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity to help improve health & wellbeing within the Authority.
- Feedback any issues, problems and ideas to the Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinators.
- Lead by example by promoting positive work/life boundaries.
- Create a culture of peer-to-peer motivation and encouragement.
- Your allocated 1-hour a week Health & Wellbeing Champions role should be incorporated alongside your current working hours.
- An understanding of the roles of Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinators, Health & Wellbeing Champions and how they both impact the Authority.
- Sharing good practice of how to implement health & wellbeing events and activities within your department.
- Confidence to step in and support your team.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening.
- Knowledge to guide colleagues and signpost them to further support, whether through self-help resources, internal services such as the Wellbeing Support Service.
- Understand and partake in the 'buddy system' to help guide and support new Health & Wellbeing Champions.
- To encourage creativity, initiative and wellbeing within your Departments.
Page updated: 19/10/2021 12:34:27