During the appointment
Medical history will be noted and an explanation of results will be given. Your consent will be requested so that health clearance for your role can be sent to your manager. Depending on the results of the test the nurse may refer you to see our Physician for further tests/opinion.
To ensure your results are as accurate as possible:
- Do not work in high levels of noise for 8 hours prior to appointment.
- If you wear glasses please bring your up to date glasses (including reading glasses with you).
- If you smoke – we recommend you do not smoke on the day of your appointment.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol on the day of your appointment.
- If you are asthmatic please tell the nurse when you last used your inhaler.
- Do Not rush or run to your appointment.
- You should avoid taking prescribed ventilators for at least 4 hours prior to the test.
After the appointment
Your manager will receive your Outcome of assessment report. This will note whether a review is necessary. They may also be told if adjustments are needed, e.g. limit exposure to vibrating tools.
Only with your informed consent your report/health clearance letter will be sent to you, your line manager and the HR Attendance team. All OH staff will at all times maintain strict confidentiality.
Your confidential OH records are maintained to the same high standard of confidentiality as hospital or GP records in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your OH record will not be disclosed to anyone outside of the OH unit without your consent.
If you would like to have access to your Occupational Health records please see the OH unit’s Confidentiality Procedure on the intranet or call the OH Unit on: 01267 246060 to request a copy.
Non Attendance and Late Attendance
Please note we require 5 Working Days Notice if you are unable to attend. Failure to attend or give enough notice may result in your manager still being charged. If more than 10 minutes late for your appointment we cannot guarantee the OH professional will still see you, however your manager may still be charged.
Page updated: 18/11/2020 13:58:49