Print and Scan
Frequently asked questions
When you print a document, select the print option on your computer, as normal. However, instead of collecting your printout from a named printer, you will now be able to go to any of the printers on the network to get it. This may be a printer close to you, or you may choose to collect your printout at any other printer.
Once you have chosen when and where you wish to retrieve your printout, simply swipe your ID card through the card reader on the printer, this will ‘log’ you on and present features such as print, copy, scan on the display. By selecting Print, you can choose to, print all, print selected documents or delete unwanted printouts.
Yes, you are able to pick up printouts at any CCC printer.
The system is secure. Your printed documents aren’t left waiting at the printer for anyone to view. You print the documents under your control, whilst you are at the printer. Printouts will only be released when you are standing at the printer and you have swiped your ID card or entered your username and password. If you send the job to print and forget to collect it, it will not be printed and the task will be deleted after 24hrs.
Simply walk to the nearest available printer and swipe your ID card to get the printout.
You can manually enter your normal username and password on the touchpad on the printer.
For printing costs please speak to either Ultann George or Mandy Daniel in Accounts who can provide the breakdown of the charges.
When toner is low, our printers will notify Konica automatically and new toner will be delivered to your site location under your Print Champions name.
There is no need to contact the IT Service Desk to order toner or waste toner boxes.
Printer Drum, Imaging Unit & Staples
If you need a replacement Printer Drum, Imaging Unit or Staples please contact Konica direct - 0871 574 7200 option 2.
Recycling Empty toner / Waste Bins
When you have empty toner or waste bins you can then contact Claire Tyler, EOS Solutions South Ltd on 01306 631 070 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
They will send you a flat packed box, fill the box with the empty toner and then contact them when you require the box to be collected by a courier (full details will be given on the box).
It is up to you if you prefer to have a permanent box in your section and then ring when full, or if you want to keep empty toners and ring when you need a box, this is up to you and your office.
Any generic problems with the Konica Multi-Function Printer such as; paper jams, fault codes, poor quality of print or copy, - call Konica direct on 0371 5747200 (please remember to provide your equipment number, location and contact details)
Before asking IT Services to move or relocate printers, consideration must be given to all users of the device. Since printers are provided for all staff, no one Department or section has complete ownership of a printer.
Points to consider when moving location:
- All printer moves and relocations must be co-ordinated through the IT Service Desk.
- If a section is relocating to another building owned by the Authority, there should already be a printer available on site and possibly no need to move a device.
- If a section is moving to a new building not previously occupied by the Authority consideration will need to be given to moving the printer. However, staff that may be remaining in a building should be considered.
- A printer belongs to the building itself not the occupants, it will not automatically move with the occupants if they relocate.
- If an office or building is closing the printer will need to be removed from the site but again will not automatically move with the occupants. It will depend on the locations they are relocating too and what print and copy provision is already there.
- Printer relocations will take up to 10 working days to process with our supplier and as much notice as possible is needed to ensure IT Services can meet your needs.
If there is any doubt please contact IT Services well ahead of the planned move. We are here to ensure that your needs are met and that you experience as little disruption to the IT service as possible.
Questions to ask yourself before requesting a printer move:
- Why do I need to move a printer? Are there print and copy facilities at the new location?
- Will any staff be remaining in the building I am vacating? These may be from other Departments or sections.
- What are my printing requirements? (Colour printing, A4, A3, stapling, binding)
- Where is the device I wish to move located, where do I need it to move to and when?
Once you have asked yourself the above questions and are happy that you have a good case to relocate a device, you will need to log a call with the IT Service Desk.
You will be asked to provide the following details in the call:
- Equipment number. This starts with the numbers 182 and is printed on the device.
- The date that you would like the device moved (As stated it takes a minimum of 10 working days to process a move as much notice as possible is needed).
- The address where the device is currently located, including which floor it may be on.
- The full contact details of a person at the current location that can act as a point of contact. (Must include, email and direct telephone number)
- The address where the device is to be located, including which floor it may be on.
- The full contact details of a person at the new location that can act as a point of contact. (Must include, email and direct telephone number)
Page updated: 26/04/2021 09:22:03