We recommend you update your browser to ensure a safe and engaging experience on our website.

Employee Support

Our workforce will go through a range of different experiences at various times during their career with Carmarthenshire. This could be in relation to changes in the workplace, or personal circumstances, which have an impact on working life.

If at any time a manager is concerned for the health and well-being of an employee, it's important that they talk to the employee. Create the right environment, offering every opportunity for the employee to share their concerns, or any difficulties they are experiencing at work, at home, or with their health and wellbeing, which is having the impact.

The following are a range of tools and tips for employees and managers in such circumstances, however, if you are unsure how to take the issue forward, it may be appropriate to seek advice from the HR Team, Or the Occupational Health Unit. 

Health Support and wellbeing

In order to provide support for the challenges ahead, Your Occupational Health Unit has medical staff including Doctors, Nurses, Ocupational Therapists and a Stress Management team available to help all CCC staff.​​

Learning and Development

Corporate learning and development run pre-retirement courses for employees thinking of preparing for retirement or considering applying for early severance under the severance scheme.

Job opportunities & Benefit advice

  • Careers Wales is an all-Wales service that gives people of all ages free careers information, advice and guidance.
  • Redundancy information for employees.
  • Jobcentre Plus is a government agency supporting people of working age from welfare into work, and helping employers to fill their vacancies.
  • One Carmarthenshire has been set up by a partnership of agencies within the county to improve the accessibility of the pathway back to work and training opportunities that are available to all ages, all levels of abilities, skills and interests. The key partners are Job Centre Plus, Careers Wales, Coleg Sir Gâr, Regional Learning Partnership and Carmarthenshire County Council who all have a wealth of experience and contacts with employers throughout the county. For more information visit www.onecarmarthenshire.co.uk or freephone 0800 9173 408.

Interview skills and CV’s

You may not have attended a job interview for some time. The Careers Wales website has information on:

Latest vacancies in the Council

Visit the jobs and careers section of our website for the most up to date vacancies and redeployment opportunities in the Council.

If you are facing redundancy, ensure that you are familiar with the redeployment policy and the steps that you need to take to maximise your chances of finding suitable alternative employment.​​

Financial Advice

The Money Advice Service is an independent service set up by government to help people make the most of their money. They give free, unbiased money advice online, on webchat, over the phone, in printed guides and face to face.

For more information visit the Money Advice Service website or e-mail: moneyadviser@citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0300 500 5000.

For free and impartial advice for employees who wish to seek advice in relation to debt management, contact Payplan debt advice and guidance. Supported by organisations such as the citizens advice bureau, national debt line and institute of money advisors. Payplan can be contacted by tel: 0800 280 2816 Mon-Fri 8am-9pm and Sat 9-3.

Shelter Cymru - 'Work it out'

Housing and money worries can affect anyone, no matter what the circumstances. If you are having problems or want to find out more about the options available to you, shelter cymru can help. Work it Out is Shelter Cymru's advice service targeted to people in work. Advice is free, independant and completely confidential. Please visit the Shelter Cymru website for further information.

Pension Information

For further information relating to your local government pension please vist the Dyfed pension fund website.

If you are worried or have questions about saving for your retirement you can contact the pensions advisory service. It is an independant not for profit organisation that provides free information and guidance. This service can also help if you have a problem with your occupational or private pension provider. Visit the Pensions Advisory Service website for further information.​

Start up Business Support

If you are facing redundancy and are thinking of starting your own business there are a number of websites that can offer you advice and support.

Page updated: 06/07/2022 10:12:51